The game Common Mistakes in English was designed to review key language content in the EFL classroom or in the ESL classroom. It is an adapted version of the TV show “Who wants to be a millionaire?” and you can use it at school or when you are teaching remotely.
The popular TV quiz show “Who wants to be a millionaire?” is never too old and can easily be adapted to the classroom and to learners of all ages. You can easily raise student engagement with grammar games for adults and grammar games for kids. Depending on the number of students in your classroom, you may wish to have them play individually or split them into groups. If you have a big group, then the second option is definitely the best one. I have added some instructions to help you manage the game Common Mistakes in English in the classroom.
1) 22-slide past simple game ppt – PowerPoint presentation with audio to boost student engagement;
2) common mistakes in English game pdf instructions (PDF: A4 size + US Letter size).
3) lifeline-cards (PDF: A4 size + US Letter size);
4) answer-cards (PDF: A4 size + US Letter size);
5) answer sheet to hand out before the game (PDF: A4 size + US Letter size);
6) 2-page printable worksheet to hand out after the game (PDF: A4 size + US Letter size).
❤️ Rating is highly appreciated!
The PowerPoint presentation
ESL games are undeniably engaging and the PowerPoint presentation is surely a great asset. It will provide you with the visuals and audio prompts for all the questions. Another key point is that it also includes the instructions to use in the classroom before you start the game. Using a PowerPoint presentation makes it all much more appealing.
The printable documents
Besides the instructions, the printable lifeline-cards and the printable answer-cards, there is a printable worksheet to use during the game if you wish your students to write the answers themselves and a 2-page printable worksheet to use after the game, to check if the students learned what was tested during the game. This one can also be used as a homework assignment. I have included all printable files both in A4 size and in US Letter size so that you can choose the option that suits you best.
If you are not sure which paper size is better for you, we suggest reading our blog post on Standard Paper Sizes, where you can find all the information you need.
SIMILARLY, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Past Simple Game – English Grammar – Who wants to be a millionaire
- Who wants to be a millionaire – editable PowerPoint template slides + editable A4 Word files – for commercial use
- Who wants to be a millionaire – editable PowerPoint template slides + editable US Letter Word files – for commercial use