This resource offers activities to enhance vocabulary skills and was designed for both in-class use and homework assignments. It is an important expansion of the intricate language surrounding human rights law.
As part of our extended lesson plan, this vocabulary practice complements the hands-on introduction provided by our foundational resources, ‘European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Overview‘ and ‘ECHR – The Convention‘.
Students will be asked to match words to their definitions as well as to explore collocations and opposites. For a closer look at the content and its application, explore the detailed preview video.
All the resources included are teacher-friendly and require no prep. All the information you need is included in the answer key provided in PDF format and in the PowerPoint presentation.
- 3-page worksheet (PDF + Word);
- 3-page answer key (PDF + Word);
- 9-slide animated PowerPoint presentation with answer key (compatible with Google Slides).
All the worksheets and the answer keys are provided in US Letter and A4 so that you can choose the best size when printing (click here to see the difference). Files are compatible with Google Docs and/or Google Slides so you can open them using Google Drive. If necessary, click here to see how to convert a PowerPoint file into Google Slides.
If this is a topic you need to extend in class, I suggest looking at the bundle I have created, which includes all the resources I have developed so far on human rights in Europe and European human rights law. Alternatively, you can explore the complete set of resources and discover how they can be effectively incorporated into your lessons on our blog post European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) | Educational Resources in English.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SEE ALL: See all resources in English
You can maximize the impact of this resource by integrating it with the following complementary materials:
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Overview
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – The Convention
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Trivia Game: Know Your Rights
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Quiz
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Trivia Game: Case Closed
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Quiz
- Check out the Product BUNDLE that includes all the resources listed above at a discounted price!