This resource offers a hands-on exploration of the ECHR and was designed for teachers keen on guiding their students through an immersive journey into human rights. Named to align with its role as a main component in an extended lesson plan, the resource ‘European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – The Convention‘ follows the ‘European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Overview.’ This series is thoughtfully designed to deepen students’ understanding of human rights in Europe, a timely and globally impactful topic.
In ‘The Convention,’ students engage with a simplified version of the ECHR, featuring summaries of key articles and protocols. The interactive exercises prompt students to name and understand these vital components. As the second resource in this series, it builds on the foundational knowledge established in the overview.
This resource not only ensures accessibility but also encourages active participation and critical thinking. For a closer look at the content and its integration into your teaching plans, explore the detailed preview video at the bottom of this page.
All the resources included are teacher-friendly and require no prep. All the information you need is included in the answer key provided in PDF format and in the PowerPoint presentation.
- 3-page worksheet (PDF + Word);
- 3-page answer key (PDF + Word);
- 9-slide animated PowerPoint presentation with answer key and teacher prep (compatible with Google Slides).
All the worksheets and the answer keys are provided in US Letter and A4 so that you can choose the best size when printing (click here to see the difference). Files are compatible with Google Docs and/or Google Slides so you can open them using Google Drive. If necessary, click here to see how to convert a PowerPoint file into Google Slides.
If this is a topic you need to extend in class, I suggest looking at the bundle I have created, which includes all the resources I have developed so far on human rights in Europe and European human rights law. Alternatively, you can explore the complete set of resources and discover how they can be effectively incorporated into your lessons on our blog post European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) | Educational Resources in English.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SEE ALL: See all resources in English
You can maximize the impact of this resource by integrating it with the following complementary materials:
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Overview
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Extended Vocabulary
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Trivia Game: Know Your Rights
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Quiz
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Trivia Game: Case Closed
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Quiz
- Check out the Product BUNDLE that includes all the resources listed above at a discounted price!