Inspired by TV shows like ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’, this quiz-show style activity adds a fun twist to learning about human rights and the ECHR (check our extended lesson plan on this topic).
The resource ‘European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Trivia Game: Know Your Rights’ includes a presentation with a set of questions, an answer sheet, answer cards, and lifelines that allow students to test their knowledge and discover new facts about the ECHR while playing the game ‘Know Your Rights’ with their classmates. Explore all the details in our preview video for a glimpse into the game.
This game features multiple-choice questions identical to those used in our resource ‘ECHR Quiz‘, making them a complementary pair that you might find useful.
All the resources included are teacher-friendly and require no prep. All the information you need is included in the answer key provided in PDF format and in the PowerPoint presentation.
- 2-page instructions guide (PDF + Word);
- 1-page answer cards (PDF + Word);
- 1-page lifelines (PDF + Word);
- 1-page answer sheet (PDF + Word);
- 19-slide animated PowerPoint presentation with answer key and teacher prep (compatible with Google Slides).
All the worksheets and the answer keys are provided in US Letter and A4 so that you can choose the best size when printing (click here to see the difference). Files are compatible with Google Docs and/or Google Slides so you can open them using Google Drive. If necessary, click here to see how to convert a PowerPoint file into Google Slides.
If this is a topic you need to extend in class, I suggest looking at the bundle I have created, which includes all the resources I have developed so far on human rights in Europe and European human rights law. Alternatively, you can explore the complete set of resources and discover how they can be effectively incorporated into your lessons on our blog post European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) | Educational Resources in English.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
SEE ALL: See all resources in English
You can maximize the impact of this resource by integrating it with the following complementary materials:
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – The Convention
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Extended Vocabulary
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Trivia Game: Know Your Rights
- European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) – Quiz
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Trivia Game: Case Closed
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) – Quiz